In this episode, Deb and Cris discuss the importance of self-care for parents, especially mothers. They share personal experiences and insights on balancing motherhood and work, emphasizing the need for a strong support system and meaningful relationships beyond the parent-child dynamic. Cris and Deb explore self-care strategies for busy moms and the essential role it plays in maintaining productivity.
- Cris’ AARP membership and Seasonal Affectation Disorder
- What is “Mom Neglect?”
- How can you balance motherhood and work?
- Strategies to help parents feel more in control and productive
- Mom or Dad? Who is more able to maintain self-care?
- Taking time for oneself- self-care ideas
- Parenting and self-care challenges
- Should you hire help or seek support?
- PLP Episode 25: My 3 Favorite People https://bit.ly/PLP3FavePeople
- Finding You: An Evoke Therapy Podcast by Dr. Brad Reedy – Episode 244 – Healthy Detachment: https://apple.co/3pimIsp (We mentioned Dr. Becky but it was really Dr. Brad!)
- The NYT Article: Neglecting Yourself Doesn’t Make You a Better Mother by Danna Lorch https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/10/parenting/self-care-moms.html
- Submit Your Questions to Productivity Lovers Podcast: bit.ly/PLPQuestions
FOLLOW PRODUCTIVITY LOVERS
CONNECT WITH CRIS & DEB
Cris’ Website — Organizing Maniacs https://organizingmaniacs.com/
Deb’s Website — D. Allison Lee https://dallisonlee.com/
Cris on Instagram https://instagram.com/theorgmaniacs
Deb on Instagram https://instagram.com/dallisonlee