In today’s episode, we discuss Manoush Zomorodi’s book “Bored and Brilliant – How Spacing Out Can Unlock Your Most Productive and Creative Self” and talk about some of the interesting statistics and challenges around technology, how much we use our smartphones, and what this might be doing to our brains.
Manoush is the host of NPR’s TED Radio Hour and a co-founder of Stable Genius Productions. She is also the co-host and co-creator of ZigZag, the business podcast about being human. Last but not least, Maoush created, hosted, and was managing editor of the podcast Note to Self in partnership with WNYC Studios, which was named Best Tech Podcast of 2017 by The Academy of Podcasters.
- Cris’ expanding family and more changes at Deb’s house!
- The Bored and Brilliant 7-Day Challenge
- The benefits of just letting your brain wander
- What research says about the impact of social media on your working memory
- The stats on how many times we change tasks during time spent online
- The “shocking” results of what happened when people in a locked room got bored
- Book: “Bored and Brilliant” http://www.manoushz.com/book
- ZigZag Podcast https://zigzagpod.com/
- Productivity Lovers Website https://productivitylovers.com/
- Productivity Lovers Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/ProductivityLovers
- Organizing Maniacs’ Website https://organizingmaniacs.com/
- Deb Lee’s Website https://dallisonlee.com/
- Productivity Lovers on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/productivityluv/
- Cris Sgrott on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/theorgmaniacs
- Deb Lee on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/dallisonlee/